Furry Healing

Saturday, August 26, 2006

1.12 World PvP Objectives

The towers in Eastern Plagelans (EPL) remind me of the old Tarren Mill v. Southshore (TM/SS) days when the honor system was first implemented.

I can't see myself ever having a reason to go and try to capture the towers, just like I never had a reason to attack or defend Tarren Mill. After a while though, I started going to Tarren Mill because I knew even if something wasn't going on now, by killing a few guarsd at Southshore I could stir up some shit.

I believe the EPL towers will function the same way. If this world objectives design is to be successful it will not be because controlling them gives a minor buff; it will be because the towers give players looking for World PvP someplace to look for members of the opposite who are also looking for World PvP. Really, giving the players some place to go and look for a fight is what the towers and the sand (lolsand) are all about. I expect the buffs will be simply a perk for doing well, not the catalyst for action and conflict.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment