Furry Healing

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cross-Server Battlegrounds

I must admit I had severe reservations about Blizzard implementing cross-server battlegrounds. I was concerned que times would increase, and the average gear of my opponent would go up as well.

After spending the last two or three days doing some relatively decent Arathi Basin PuGs I must withdraw my reservations. Arathi Basin is by far my favorite battleground as a healing Druid. A well timed heal or moonfire can really turn things around and I don't have to run around with a stupid 'Please kill me' flag on my back. Playing Arathi Basin at all prior to 1.12 had only happened when I queued up with a full group. When we queued up as a full fifteen person group the games usually ended within ten minutes. While this is great for grinding honor, its really kind of boring if I'm looking for PvP.

Being able to join an Arathi Basin PuG just for kicks has been a real pleasure whether I was playing my Warlock or my Druid. I'm sure part of the reason I'm enjoying it so much is because I just haven't had the option to for quite a while, but I'm alright with that.

It has also been a joy to find the competition I'm facing from other servers isn't much stiffer than it was from my home server. Of course there are some shining stars out there, but there were some on my server as well. For the most part I find myself fighting the same batch of semi-skilled, semi-geared players I've been fighting all along except now they have different names. Basically, nothing has changed except I can play any battleground I like at any time I like and because of this fact Blizzard gets a genuine 'Thank you' from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment