Furry Healing

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj to Twin Emperors

As I said before, I'd been elected as the new Druid guide. So I start off by asking if 'New Guy' (FNG) had ever done AQ20 because of the similarities between some of the trash pulls.. newp. I quickly went over the first couple pulls..
  • heal the tanks, the bird things hit like pansies but the Priests are mana draining
  • heal the tanks, the Anubisaths hit a little harder but whatever
Skeram.. follow your group heal the tank on the platform. This was about when I really started to realize how easy my job was for almost every fight. Anyway, we continue on and kill Huhuran and the non-set gloves I've been drooling over drop. I put in for them not really expecting to get them since I have decent gloves and the other Druid eligible for loot (not FNG) doesn't really, plus I picked up Malfurion's Blessed Bulwark and Stormrage Bracers yesterday in Blackwing Lair. Needless to say I'm relatively surprised when I am awarded them.

Hooray for loot council I suppose, not to say I'm not grateful but if I were the other Druid I would not be pleased.. at all. Judging from the way things have gone in the past, I fully expect Stormrage Handguards to drop withing 2 weeks and have me be the only Druid which needs them. Now that I have my 3 piece bonus available (even though they're the same slots as my other two highest +healing pieces) I certainly won't be taking it over someone else.

So we start clearing trash to the Emperors, pull the first one.. Plague and Shadow Storm with the spinning dervishes of doom.. we wipe because everyone was waiting to see what the second thing was after Shadow Storm and no one moved.. oops. We get ressed up and pull again, the next three go pretty smoothly. On the fourth pull we get two.. oops. Needless to say we wipe quickly with really no hope for survival. We get ressed up again and finish off the trash. FNG is doing alright, but is really poorly geared for being where we are. Fortunately he's the only new person really (but certainly not the only undergeared one) and so its not too big a deal.

We get to the Twins and suddenly the server goes to shit. Not so much that I'm crying about it, but I basically chain cast heals and cancel as needed. I'm cancelling a couple fewer than normal due to lag, but hey why else carry the potions. However its killing other folks, I've got to assume the lag is hitting them worse because I can't think of any reason with the lag where it is for me; Its annoying but possible to adjust. Short story short we wipe a couple of times due to the heals not landing in time on the other side. Eventually the raid leader calls it rather than throwing outselves at them (and burning two more Flask of the Titans in the process).

Hopefully tomorrow we head back clear the Emperors and take a couple stabs at C'Thun, time will tell.

1 Comments:

  • Just realized that I need a new picture for the 'About Me' because of my new gloves! I'll get on that ASAP.

    By Blogger E, at August 18, 2006 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment