Furry Healing

Sunday, September 10, 2006

RDX6 -- Alpha 5

The big feature new to this version is the ability to highlight based on certain conditions in a UnitFrame. As a healer the most obvious use for this is the ability to clearly identify people who are without doubt in range for heals. Unfortunately, because of the API Blizzard exposes to the modding community the closest range check to maximum heal range is 30 yards rather than the 40 yard range of healing spells. As a result the highlighting isn't as useful as it could be in this case, but it does help in hectic situations.



The above screenshot is an example of the highlighting, in it I am the only person within 30 yards so my bar is highlighted. If I think of it I'll grab a better screen shot later today.

Another significant change was the added ability to collate members of a sort. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to use this functionality yet, though the example other alpha testers have given is similar to the way highlighting is being used with healing. What the collation feature does is group members of a subset to the top of a window while highlighting makes the bar a different color. I'm not sure which will be more useful to me yet, I suppose time will tell.

My creativity hasn't really come up with any particularly interesting ways to use these new features just yet but I like to believe I can make better use of them than showing me who is in healing range.

Edit: I wanted to add the Alpha 5 changelog so here it is.

Full Changelog
Alpha 5
* New Sort system
* Highlight system
* Grid Layout (multiple columns, limit display size, etc.)
* Bugfix: you can no longer add events to a window until you've added some kind of multiplexer.
* New feature: Null multiplexer
* Bugfix: shouldn't be able to paste into the Builtin package.
* Bugfix: buff icons framelevel is lower than base frame.
* Bugfix: added missing "Orientation" field in Buff/Debuff icons features.
* Bugfix: Window Wizard "both hp and mana" display doesn't add UNIT_MANA event to feature list.
* Cast Spell mousebinding won't retarget if already targeting.
* Window Wizard: Option to display Missing HP.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment