Furry Healing

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Noth Who?

So as I mentioned before I didn't go to the raid last evening since I didn't particularly feel like raiding. While I was out drinking with my brother my guild was attempting Noth for the first time. From what I heard last night didn't go terribly well but the guild leadership decided to give him another go tonight.

After a completely unproductive day of work, and with my brother at work I decided to log in and do what I could to help out with getting a kill tonight. I'm glad I did. We got started around 6:30 and I had an inventory fully stocked with consumables as did many others. After a great attempt (43%) without consumables the raid leaders and officers decided it was time to go all out. We dip into consumables with Greater Arcane Protection potions for the melee near the mages during the second balcony and other damage and health consumables. Personally I'm sporting a Mageblood Potion and some Brilliant Mana Oil, nothing crazy but a significant boost.

Our first attempt with consumables... 66% wipe. Not exactly what were hoping for and so the frustration begins a bit. Next attempt with consumables, 52% wipe, better but still worse than sans consumables.

Everyone is a little irritated but we get back in there, buff up, get the consumables going and throw ourselves at him again. We're at 25% and I'm feeling this one, he's going down. At 23% we miss dispelling a Curse of the Plaugebringer and wipe spectacularly with about a minute and five seconds left before the third balcony.

Now I'm bummed about the wipe, but excited to give him another go. We get back in and do it again. When he goes up to the balcony the first time he's at 75%, much better than we've had him all night; I'm feeling good about this attempt. He comes down and we get him to 52% before he goes up to the balcony the second time; we're ahead of schedule. While he's up the adds are going down so fast we have off-tanks standing around waiting to pick something up which hasn't happened all night. When Noth comes down from the balcony again we just unload on him. By the end each of our off-tanks has about six adds they're controlling and Noth is down. We were all so excited about the imminent kill people were too close to the green plague door which now opens wide letting undead larvae in to feast on our flesh. Eventually the adds from Noth plus the larvae overwhelm us; its a kill, but its a wipe! Shaman pop up and the res train gets started and all is well.



Our raid leader was so excited he passed out next to Noth and we all circled up to laugh at him!

Nights like tonight remind me why I enjoy raiding.

Loots: Cloak of the Scourge   Desecrated Girdle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment