Furry Healing

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Time WoW Consumes

I've read a lot of posts, blogs, forums, etc. about MMO and specifically World of Warcraft addiction, but I never really thought I'd be talking about it from personal experience.

Recently, as I've said before, I moved up to Brooklyn to live with my brother; since arriving here I've started to view WoW in a completely different way. When I was in DC I didn't know a lot of people and I didn't take the time to meet new people, instead I logged on to WoW and chatted or played in Azeroth. I did this because I found it fun, and like anything you really enjoy it affected my life. Looking back now, I wouldn't say it affected it as much as it occupied an enormous part of it. I ate, slept, worked, and played World of Warcraft. Friends I'd made in college and high school I barely talked to, I was out of touch with real life. The truth is, I knew it and was fine with it. I got my social interaction in game, and I really enjoyed talking with the people I had met and playing the game.

The 'trouble' now is I've come to enjoy going out places and hanging out with my brother. WoW is considerably less of a priority for me right now. I used to look forward to logging in and playing, and had no problem sitting through a five hour session of raiding. Yesterday I logged in to raid and had to leave early because I couldn't focus on what was going on and they were headed to Naxxramas. This recounting doesn't even count the fact I couldn't bring myself to log in tonight and help out with what they were doing.

Maybe this is just a phase and in a little while I'll be over it. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment