Furry Healing

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

UI Changes are Fun!

Being the quirky oddball person I am, despite having told the officer core last night I wouldn't be around too much in the future I decided to log on today and fart around with my UI a bit. The idea of the changes was to give myself a smaller memory footprint and retain the functionality I had grown accustomed to. I also wanted to check out some new mods.

The biggest change, despite it not being a terribly visual one, was a switch from Flexbar to Bongos. I'd heard good things about Bongos from a number of people and I wasn't really using the extra functionality provided by Flexbar for my Druid's UI. I will have to reconsider dropping it for some other characters who do use a bit more of the scripting and events available in Flexbar.

I also made the change from Titan Panel to FuBar 2.0 again because of the smaller memory footprint. The thing which had really kept me from switching earlier was I couldn't find the plugins which matched the Titan Panel functionality I was most interested in. It actually turns out the functionality has been there all along but weren't posted on the UI sites I used most (hi wowinterface!).

I also wanted to try out a new addon called Heart. I wanted it to replace the Healing Estimator addon I was using. Unfortunately I haven't been able to set it up to do what I want yet and so may be switching back soon.

Aside from the specific addon changes I also redid the layout a bit, moving the map to the bottom center freeing up real estated for buffs in the upper right. The catalyst for this layout change was the Elkano's Buff Bar addon I wanted to try.

It ended up looking like this way..

1 Comments:

  • To follow up on this a little bit; I ended up changing my unit frames to ag Unit Frames which are more lightweight and do all of what I need them too.

    I also ended up ditching Heart because I didn't really want to use its most powerful feature which seems to be choosing spell ranks.

    By Blogger E, at September 24, 2006 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment